The team at Andy's specializes in property maintenance. Many of our staff members are certified Horticulturalists and have a passion for beautiful landscapes. Their skills, experience and knowledge will be utilized daily to help keep your property looking its best.
Andy’s lawn care services are based upon well researched and proven horticulture principles. Our goal is to provide the highest level of care to your lawn and provide that care the way nature intended.
We realize that we might do things a little differently than you did in the past or differently than other contractors. With patience and time you will see that we have the best interests of your property in mind. There is no magic wand in lawn care to make weeds vanish or to make grass grow. There is hard work, knowledge, dedication, and passion.
Landscape Maintenance Services
- Super over seeding
- Lawn fertilizer & weed control
- Grub & chinch bug control
- Lawn Mowing
- Spring and fall cleanups
- Driveway sealing
- Hedge and shrub trimming
- Aerating & dethatching
- Gutter cleaning
- Flower garden maintenace
- Sod repairs
Andy’s Top 5 Lawn Tips
- Mow high. (3 to 4 inches) Usually the highest setting on your mower.
- Mow Often. Never cut off more than ¼ of the leaf blade.
- Use a sharp blade to reduce turf stress.
- Mulch the clippings to feed the soil organisms and protect the soil.
- Do not let the soil dry out. Minimum of 1 inch of water per week.
- Water more often when seeding.
- Use an electronic timer.
- Yearly over-seeding is the fountain of youth for your lawn.
- Endophyte enhanced seeds are hardier and resist insects.
- Lateral spread seeds quickly fill in bare spots to fight off weeds.
- Include organic matter like compost when over-seeding.
- Add beneficial microbes to bring life to your soil.
- Weed / Feed
- Two slow release applications of fertilizer (May & Aug).
- Three Fiesta broadleaf weed reduction sprays (May, June, Aug)
- One (or more) manual weed pulling visits.
- Piping hot water will destroy crabgrass and weed seeds.
- Organic Matter
- Mulch grass clippings to provide soil cover and food for micro- organisms.
- Leave the leaves in the fall by mulching them up fine.
- Spread compost (dry or liquid) to improve the soil structure.
At this time Andy's does not do Landscape Construction or Hardscaping but would be happy to send you referrals for the tasks listed below:
- Interlocking stone
- Retaining walls